Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Curly Girl Method


I followed Lorraine Massey's "Curly Girl Method" for about 10 months and with great success I achieved beautiful frizz free curls. Regretfully, I didn't continue to maintain following the method due to getting bored with it but now I'm going back to Curly Girl. Thought I would post the rules for everyone else that wants to play along. If you don't have naturally curly hair I would not recommend trying this, this method is not for everyone!!


10 months of Curly Girl Success

Photobucket


You can read about the "Curly Girl Method" here. In summary it teaches an organic approach to carrying for naturally curly hair. Some of the main objectives are to give up shampoo, hair brushes, and mainstream hair care products. Its not easy, but in the long run its sooo worth it!!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Edited to add: I have had several people ask me what kind of hair care products to use and I would recommend anything from the Jessi Curl line (I'm going to by in bulk for a Christmas gift to myself). If you don't feel comfortable going completely shampooless they make a great shampoo that doesn't seem to negate the curly girl potential.

If you are more of a mainstream shopper I would recommend Aussie Deeep conditioner (3 minute miracle) and Garnier Fructis hands free spray gel.



No comments: