For dinner tonight I'm making some homemade popcorn chicken, roasted green beans, and some yummy vanilla strawberries.
Garlic Chicken Bites (these make for a great salad topping)
40 min | 30 min prep
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place chicken in shallow dish.
- In small bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, and black pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Mix bread crumbs and cayenne.
- Coat chicken.
- Arrange in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until brown.
Roasted Green Beans
25 min | 5 min prep
SERVES 4 -6
- 2 lbs green beans
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil (or just enough to lightly coat beans)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste, may substitute with Mrs. Dash if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste, omit if using Mrs. Dash)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash, dry well, and trim green beans.
- Put green beans on a jelly roll pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (I like them salty so I use about 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and about 8-10 grinds of the pepper mill). *Mrs. Dash may be substituted for salt and pepper as desired.
- Use your hands to be sure all the beans are evenly coated and spread them out into 1 layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, until beans are fairly brown in spots and somewhat shriveled.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- 1 pint stawberries
- 1 pack instant vanilla pudding mix.
- Wash and slice strawberries in halves, place in medium bowl
- Add instant vanilla pudding mix to strawberries in bowl.
- Set in fridge for 1 hour
- Serve chilled.