Sunday, December 28, 2008

37 Weeks

Its official, the baby will be here and not a moment too soon. These days Mommy finds herself loving naps, preparing meals in advance for the freezer, cleaning franticly, scolding kitties for getting furry paws near baby merchandise, and wishing for a new back. My once rhinestone adorned belly button is a mere memory that has been replaced with purple trails of motherhood, former "cheerleader legs" are cultivating cottage cheese, and swelling is what happens when I look at a can of Campbell's soup. The sleepless nights that my snoring produces are starting to catch up to my more than accommodating husband's nerves and despite my aches, pains, and complaining, I am thankful for each and everyone that brings us a step closer to meeting the blessing that God knitted in my womb.

This week marks number 37 in "operation countdown to Baby Choisser". According to the folks over at babycenter.com this baby could come out today and be a-ok. Here is what they have to say:
"Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away."
The words "full term" and "three weeks" are music to the pressure ridden ears on my swollen sinus shrunken head. Celebrate with me, my husband is about to get his beloved wife back and the best part of this journey is about to begin, we are going to be parents!!

1 comment:

spiritsong said...

Awwww...love your blog. I can hardly wait for Baby Choisser to arrive! :)