Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve: What's In Your Kitchen

My beloved doctor is out of town for the next 24 hours and I'm not exactly in the market for having to use an on-call doctor during a holiday, my mind can't get past the imagery of a tipsy OB/Gyn helping me deliver, my husbands hopes for a tax deduction baby are going on the back burner while I put myself on house arrest until the doctor gets back. We are going to take it easy and spend Rockin' New Years Eve at home with the fur babies and any friends that choose to stop by. Tonights holiday menu is full of some yummy junk food so we can get our fill before all the dieting begins.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jelly Meatballs

Meatballs

* 2 lbs lean ground beef
* 2 large eggs
* 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb (I use Ritz crackers)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Sauce
  • 2 cups tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 32oz Grape Jelly
  • 3-4 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 dash nutmeg
*Note* For extra lazy meatballs use frozen meat balls, Heinz Chili sauce, and grape jelly however, I promise its not as good.

1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. First, make the meatballs: combine all meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix well; shape into 1-inch balls.
3. Brown them in a nonstick frying pan until browned all over; drain on paper towel then place in a large ungreased casserole dish.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
4. To make sauce, combine all ingredients in crockpot on low heat and stir until smooth
7. Add meatballs to sauce
9. If you want a lot, this recipe doubles well.

Enjoy some visual imagery!


















No comments: